I’ve decided to combine the weekend days into one post. It’s been a busy weekend and the rapidly changing weather just made it all the more interesting!
1. Hubby drove me to a seminar because it was so icy, I couldn’t get to my car
2. Finally had a guest join us at the seminar
3. Found plenty of time to write
4. Bought some great Christmas gifts for our granddaughter
5, My Cleveland Browns won
6. Took a quick run after church – it was 60 degrees!
Today is Sunday. This means that I spent the morning at church, serving in children’s ministry and am now suffering through another Browns’ game that they should be winning outright. Anyway, there are many more good things for me to focus on.
1. After weeks of searching, I finally found some important papers. Thank you GOD!
2. I am able to share my love of football with my brothers. Amazingly, even though we follow different teams, we are all frustrated today. Well, they say misery loves company. It’s nice knowing that it’s not just my team.
3. Planned meals for weekend so I have time to write. So far, so good and less stress. Maybe there is something to this planning bit…I should do that more often.
4. Contact with good friend from church who moved to Texas – so glad they are getting settled and doing well.
5. Slept very well last night, enjoyed my extra hour of rest.
Well, here it is, the first day of November. I am starting my challenge to myself to post daily for the month, create a Gratitude list, and practice giving thanks throughout the entire month. So, here goes…
1. I am thankful for the crunchy leaves underfoot when I ran today. The colors may be almost done, but the view in the park is still beautiful. I love the fact that I live in an area where we get to experience four seasons.
2. So excited to be working on part two of my young adult novel series. This year I was able to replace my old laptop so I know this will make writing easier. Stay tuned…
3. I’m thankful for friends and colleagues I get to work and play with, at the office and at church.
So, it’s not too late for you to join me on this quest. How about it?
Summer has arrived and it is my favorite time of year! Even though it seems that we only have three seasons here in the midwest (icy winter, wet spring, super hot summer), this week has had the best weather so far. I enjoy the laid-back feel even though I still have to work. So, here are my favorite things about summer:
1. Free vitamin D – during my long runs I’m sure I get enough for the rest of the week.
2. Farmer’s market time. I discovered this last year and love to shop for really fresh fruits and veggies and try new recipes.
3. Wearing white – it just feels lighter and fresher, but I must be very careful at Starbucks :-).
4. Flowers in bloom.
5. Planting my own little garden. I do container gardening, just some tomatoes, peppers, and herbs.
6. Lighter eating, simpler meals.
7. Waking up with the sun. Gets me before the alarm goes off.
8. Sitting outside to read and pray in the quiet of the morning.
9. No school bus traffic.
10. Amusement parks – I love roller coasters!
So, what do you like about these warm, sunny , sometimes stormy months? Share your favorite activities.