Well, it happened. Yesterday I did not find a spare minute to even think about making my gratitude list. It wasn’t a bad day but I was totally wiped out after a long day. Anyway, I will double up for yesterday and today. It makes sense since many of my blessings came in two parts!
1. I am thankful for the recommendation by a friend for the devotional I have been reading for the past month. God Calling. The short lessons for the past two days have encouraged me to lean deeper on the Lord and be assured of His power.
2. While the weather has been cooler, I found some interesting routines to do indoors, just to let my knees rest rom running. They have been fun and some of my fellow runners are joining me.
3, I’m very thankful for new business this week. It seems if I am already busy, more work comes. If I’m totally free, no action. I think I heard something about synergy – is that what is happening?
4, Even though I could not watch my Browns play last night, one of my brothers texted me to update me on the score. And, it was a big win for my team!
5. I’m thankful for helpful friends who have better computer skills than me.
6. Lastly, despite the changing temps, the sky was the most beautiful blue I have seen since summer. It did not look like autumn at all.
Good evening. Today was a good day in that we got lots done. I love checking things off my list. Yeah, I get a bit compulsive sometimes,
1. I am thankful that we were able to take care of some bills today.
2. I made lunch plans with two friends for tis weekend – haven’t seen them since spring.
3. Thankful for the calmness at work and at home. Need the peace after a busy, stressful few days.
Today’s list is simple and quick:
1. I’m thankful that election day is almost over – the ads were very irritating
2, I’m very thankful that I got to play with my wonderful granddaughter this evening while her dad played soccer, two of my favorite things
3. My devotional reading this morning reminded me that the LORD is just a prayer away, I’m thankful for my salvation and the ability to call out to my Savior when the going gets rough.
Today started gently and slowly. I was able to sleep in and did not have to be anywhere early this morning. That was a glorious gift. My plan is to spend much of today writing and doing some chores. My list for today is short, but sweet:
1. I thank GOD for caring for me as only He can. I know I cannot do anything without Him.
2. I am thankful for friends that are encouraging, even if they don’t understand what I’m doing.
3. I am immensely thankful that my husband doesn’t get upset with my writing habits, especially during November, and is content just to sit in the same room with me while I type and yell at my computer.
Today is Sunday. This means that I spent the morning at church, serving in children’s ministry and am now suffering through another Browns’ game that they should be winning outright. Anyway, there are many more good things for me to focus on.
1. After weeks of searching, I finally found some important papers. Thank you GOD!
2. I am able to share my love of football with my brothers. Amazingly, even though we follow different teams, we are all frustrated today. Well, they say misery loves company. It’s nice knowing that it’s not just my team.
3. Planned meals for weekend so I have time to write. So far, so good and less stress. Maybe there is something to this planning bit…I should do that more often.
4. Contact with good friend from church who moved to Texas – so glad they are getting settled and doing well.
5. Slept very well last night, enjoyed my extra hour of rest.
Well, here it is, the first day of November. I am starting my challenge to myself to post daily for the month, create a Gratitude list, and practice giving thanks throughout the entire month. So, here goes…
1. I am thankful for the crunchy leaves underfoot when I ran today. The colors may be almost done, but the view in the park is still beautiful. I love the fact that I live in an area where we get to experience four seasons.
2. So excited to be working on part two of my young adult novel series. This year I was able to replace my old laptop so I know this will make writing easier. Stay tuned…
3. I’m thankful for friends and colleagues I get to work and play with, at the office and at church.
So, it’s not too late for you to join me on this quest. How about it?